Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm going to be driving on Team Lighning McQueen at the 24 Hours of LeMons at Buttonwillow this coming weekend! I'm very excited because aside from the occasional rallyX or solo II race, this will be my first real race.

For those of you who have never heard of this event, it is pretty much like the 24 Hours of LeMans except for the rule that the car cannot be worth more than $500 (hence the Lemons. We're driving a totaled 2004 Pontiac Sunfire dressed up to look like Lightning McQueen from CARS. For those of you in SoCal with nothing better to do on the weekend than stand in 100 degree heat watching old cars run themselves to death, come check us out! :cool:

The 24 Hours of LeMons

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is a lot of fun. I did this earlier this year @ MSR houston with a 93 3000 gt sl. A set of brakes, new tires, and it will be ready again :)

Have fun!

ben

·
Registered
252 Posts
Awesome, I hope to run one eventually, I think it'd be killer. Have fun, and good luck!

Ben, how bad a shape was a 3000GT in (even if it was only an SL) to cost $500? haha.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its actually all over the country all year! I'm thinking of driving the Thunderhill one this November (aptly named Arse-Freeze-a-Palooza), but I'm going to see if its for me driving on this team during this event to see if I can hack actually leading a team for one of these crazy events.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got some vids from onboard our car . . . 1st one is me driving a couple of laps. 2nd is my teammate, Trish, driving, as she catches (just barely) the rollover crash of the guy who was fighting to keep 1st place on the last 1/4 lap of the race. Spectacular finish.

:burnout:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts