Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. folks, I realize that it's only January, but there's snow on the ground & the winds are howlin' outside, and I'm dreaming of warmer, happier times! :>) So I'm wondering if us folks here in the PNW (FRED.....are you there?? :>) ..... are going to have another smartcar rally in Prosser again this coming September? If THIS year goes by as fast as LAST year did (remember how Christmas was just........THERE!!!???), then September will be here in about a month or two!! :>) So ....... since everyone seemed to have a really nice time at the first one.......... are we going to have a second one?? Make it an annual gathering?? What's the consensus? :>) Now....... I return you back to the snow and howlin' wind!!!;>)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I wished I could have made it to the first Prosser rally, but was booked that weekend. So hopefully this year it meets my schedule.

Tom

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm in. Lets set a date. Horse Heaven is pretty warm in July and hotel rooms are busy with conventions and the boat races. Chime in guys. We'll get a small committee togeather and set this thing up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
SCP is in!

Count SCP in for the fun! Somehow, someway, we will be involved this year.

If it's the right weekend, I also recommend extending the trip and meeting at the Gorge for Dave Matthews Band during Labor Day weekend!:cool:

·
Banned
4,244 Posts

If it's the right weekend, I also recommend extending the trip and meeting at the Gorge for Dave Matthews Band during Labor Day weekend!:cool:
Great to have Dealer support on this one! Hoooo-RAY!

Might have to make Dave Mathews a separate trek, tho. It's a two hour drive (each way) from Prosser to George and last year we had a full weekend just taking in the sights of wine country.

We're already covering a lot of miles with people coming from Oregon Coast, Seattle area, Central Wa, Idaho and Portland metro!

We might do Prosser in the Spring? To soon, folks?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Righto, Fredders.

Last Sept. nearly killed off some of the wetsiders with the 80* temps, so prolly would be manslaughter to subject them to 100*.

:eek::sunshine::eek:
Years ago I lived in southern Alabama, where summer temps routinely were in the mid-to-upper 90s, and we sometimes saw triple-digits. However, that was 1980-89, and since then, I've become "unacclimated!" Is that a word? :>) Plus, back then I was a healthy, physically fit GI, and weighed about 210 lbs. Now...... not so fit and a FEW pounds heavier, so those high temps can sometimes really take a toll on the body! :>) One more reason why Terri and I always take our vacations in September! :>)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Is Dave Mathews in George or the Gorge. The Maryhill Winery has an amphitheater. Combining our event with others can get real complicated.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts

Great news that scPDX is participating!

And I agree with Suze—the Gorge Amphitheater would probably be a separate event.

Unless DMB is a must for you (2009 Gorge schedule isn’t out yet) there is Maryhill Winery Amphitheater which is more PDX-centric. Maryhill schedule will come out in spring, amd their lineup keeps getting better every year….

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Is Dave Mathews in George or the Gorge. The Maryhill Winery has an amphitheater. Combining our event with others can get real complicated.

Gorge Amphitheater is near Vantage/George.

Maryhill Winery Amphitheater is near, well, Maryhill Winery! :D ...And Maryhill WA/Biggs OR.

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Sounds good. Although I may elect to come in a different vehicle.

Steve! What are you trying to tell us??? :eek:

SCPDX is totally on board and excited about this event and with careful planning by the executive organizing committee (Hedders and Smart fortimo), :yelclap:I'm sure this will be an even greater event than last year!

:spots:

We've also been brainstorming for a spring event. But so as not to hijack this thread, look for a new posting coming soon. :D

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I'm Sorry...

...But every time this thread comes up in my New Posts window, it parses as "Poser Rally."

[*insert obligatory corvette joke here*]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, you know, I may have Lil Blue back on the road then plus I might have the NSU Prinz II road worthy. It's the original Smart car, first produced in the 50's. Has a 2 cylinder rear engine and is just so cool.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Well, you know, I may have Lil Blue back on the road then plus I might have the NSU Prinz II road worthy. It's the original Smart car, first produced in the 50's. Has a 2 cylinder rear engine and is just so cool.
Steve, you know the roadster is the big hitter in the parade! It has to make the trip.

How about I come over w/ a trailer and drag some of your other toys over so you can drive the skateboard? And voila... Steve's Instant Car Show :D

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
This is great we're getting a head start on the meet this year. I'm really busy in June with an AHA Convention in Oakland and trips to Alaska and Los Angeles in September. The 100 degree heat isn"t a problem, it's a dry heat, right?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts