Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you need to you can disconnect the cable at the parking prawl lever to manually engage/disengage the prawl. I haven't done this myself to move the car, but it should work to allow the car to be rolled.
The lever for the parking prawl is on the rear side of the transmission, on the drivers side. You'll see a cable which connects to it.
Here's a shot looking up from underneath. You can see the driver's side shiftmotor for reference and the arrow points to the nut that secures the prawl.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Oh ok. Great, I wasn’t aware of this. Thank you!
So I would just loosen that bolt then and upon removal should be able to roll?
Once you disconnect the cable/lever you should be able to engage/disengage the prawl by twisting the rod the nut connects to. Careful not to mangle the threads. I am not certain which way enages or disengages, you'll have to experiment and report back your results. I'm at work otherwise I would test it for you.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I merely mentioned the parking prawl as a "get it off the road" stop-gap, not as a cause or solution for anything but immediate recovery.
The likelihood that the cable is damaged is very low, I don't think I've heard of one yet.

I would presume the cause is likely shiftmotors or clutch actuator, but that's just a guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.