Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidently put my foot on the brake and started T.C. (TinyCar) the other night and drove off to the drive through and home again. I shut it off, everything seemed normal, but the next morning it would not start. I have tried the lock/unlock sequence with the key fob, put the car in N and rolled it around then back to P (actually 3 lines), disconnected the battery and waited an hour then reconnect. Nothing works. Battery has full charge, everything works, radio, top retracts and headlights. But it won't turn over!
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headlights, brake lights and back up lights all work. I just went through all fuses and they are good

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If the engine cranks, but no start, it might also be the electric fuel pump in the tank not operating. A quick shot of starting fluid in the intake to see if the engine will fire for an instant, would verify that the fuel pump is not operating. Some smarts have experienced pinched wires going to the fuel pump, but if this condition existed, it would blow a fuse.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you get the three bars have you actually re tough the transmission? Just get in the car shifter in park. put your foot on the brake, put key in and turn to on possession. Do not turn the key to the starter position and if you do turn key off wait a few minutes and start again. Ok so in park keep foot on break whole time, turn key to on position dash will light up three bars will flash just sit there brake pressed and do nothing for a few minutes. You should hear some clicking under the car which is the actuators going through the gears. After a few minutes the three bars should return to "P" and then you should be able to start the car like normal. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I accidently put my foot on the brake and started T.C. (TinyCar) the other night and drove off to the drive through and home again. I shut it off, everything seemed normal, but the next morning it would not start. I have tried the lock/unlock sequence with the key fob, put the car in N and rolled it around then back to P (actually 3 lines), disconnected the battery and waited an hour then reconnect. Nothing works. Battery has full charge, everything works, radio, top retracts and headlights. But it won't turn over!
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
David
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f25/car-won-t-start-3-dashes-death-76777/index6.html

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f4/3-bars-broken-shifter-help-appreciated-32014/index4.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts