Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
17,384 Posts
My dad got a great used Ford Ranger for only $500 doing this. He paid $500 down and about three weeks later the dealership closed. The owners couldn't be found and there was no way to make his payments. Eventually 6 months go by and still, no word on the dealers, owners, anybody. He could've bought another title from the DMV, but he procrastinated in doing so because of the wait and cost to do so.

Sadly, he abused the truck to the point where it wouldn't even move anymore and the then owners of the house we lived in crushed it...

It's possible to find a smart this way. There's a few criteria to meet though. The car has to be a repo and the bank has to be on the verge of closure. Once it closes, take possession of the car and get a new title!

Alternatively I can purposely find a bank that's in bad shape and have my loan by them. :D

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
I read of a lady who won a 1.2 million dollar house but had to sell it since she could not afford the $200,000.00 a year property tax. The house is $16 but what is the property like and can he afford it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts