Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
click and drag to see the US equivalent of the passion convertible interior, dash, convertible roof side bars with top down, rear steel bar with top down, doors, seats, transmission shifter, etc.

At the UK web site. US models get a three spoke steering wheel instead of the two spoke shown (which is on the US pure mode).

looks good at:

http://www.smart.com/-snm-0135207688-1189146409-0000020712-0000014536-1191472248-enm-is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/mpc-uk-content-Site/en_UK/-/GBP/Smart_NG_ViewStatic-PageComponent?NavigationID=urn:uuid:0514fd22-84a9-502d-8f55-7be51576750b

Looks even a bit better in person. The black parts are even more vivid black in person, giving a nice contrast to the gray and silver parts.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just tried it again, and it seems to work.

I use a standard PC, XP, Mozzilla Firefox browser. I don't know if the link is dependent on the browser, being Firefox, or IE. I don't use IE anymore, and I have not tried the link with IE.

The way it works for me, with XP and Firefox, is

put the mouse on the red highlighted url above in the original post, and left click.

On my computer, it automatically opens a new window (Firefox tab), and the web site.

Another way to get there, is to go to

http://www.smart.com

Once there, click on the country, UK

Then, move the mouse to smart fortwo,

then slide the mouse down and over, and click on cabrio.

On that new page, move the mouse down and click on design.

Then, move the mouse under design, and click on interior.

And you should be there.

Click in the center of the interior photo, hold down the mouse clicker (I cant recall if its the right or left clicker on the mouse), and slowly drag the mouse around. The photo should move depending on if you go up, down, or side to side.

I re-tried all the above tonight using my computer with XP and Firefox, and it seems to be working.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mr Cash, is that a complete URL. It doesn't work for me.
I looked at the original url above, and, in the middle, it has three dots, ... , where it has shortened the url address.

so, as it stands, it appears to have truncated the middle portion of the url to fit it all on one line.

Put on several lines, the complete url is

http://www.smart.com/-snm-0135035552
-1189146411-0000012875-0000022040
-1191558540-enm-is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity
/WFS/mpc-uk-content-Site/en_UK/-/GBP
/Smart_NG_ViewStatic-PageComponent?
NavigationID=urn%3Auuid%3A0514fd22
-84a9-502d-8f55-7be51576750b

Don't know if that will help. I put tabs in to break the url down to fit on each line, until done. So, it may need to be reattached without the tabs to work. Don't know.

When I click the red url with the three dots '...' in the middle (in the original first post), it still seems to work and takes me to the correct site.

And of course, you can also get there by going to www.smart.com, and following the above instructions to get to interior.

·
Registered
517 Posts
An idea might be to post long URLs repackaged from tinyurl.com - that way we can pass them along to others who don't go here (such as spouses who look at us strangely when we talk about the car).

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
click and drag to see the US equivalent of the passion convertible interior, dash, convertible roof side bars with top down, rear steel bar with top down, doors, seats, transmission shifter, etc.

At the UK web site. US models get a three spoke steering wheel instead of the two spoke shown (which is on the US pure mode).

looks good at:

http://www.smart.com/-snm-0135207688-1189146409-0000020712-0000014536-1191472248-enm-is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/mpc-uk-content-Site/en_UK/-/GBP/Smart_NG_ViewStatic-PageComponent?NavigationID=urn:uuid:0514fd22-84a9-502d-8f55-7be51576750b

Looks even a bit better in person. The black parts are even more vivid black in person, giving a nice contrast to the gray and silver parts.

Also interesting how the UK cabrio has a large gap in the rollbar padding, whereas the US cabrio does not. That gap would have made a nice mounting point for some accessories (rear cargo overhead light, etc.).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts