Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
We've secured a reduced rate and a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn across the street from Old Town!!!

Holiday Inn Main Gate East
5711 U.S. Hwy 192
Kissimmee, FL 34746

Rate - $67 per night for a room with two queen beds. You can upgrade to a King room upon arrival but they are first come first serve.

This rate is good from Wednesday 2/16/2010 thru Wednesday 2/23/10 so if you want to come early or stay later you still get the reduced rate.

Call 1-800-327-1128 to make your reservations.
DO NOT USE THE HOLIDAY INN WEBSITE OR THEIR REGULAR RESERVATION NUMBER
Group name is Central Florida Smart Cars if they ask for it

Reservations must be made by January 10, 2010 to get the discounted rate.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!!!!

·
He's not mine
9,613 Posts
Yeah, I was checking into making a reservation tonight too. I'll watch this thread with you for information.

·
He's not mine
9,613 Posts
I just made a reservation for 2/22-2/23 at a Super 8 in Titusville. The second night costs 3.3X as much as the first, due to the Shuttle launch being the next day. Isn't that price gouging?

I hope Kissimmee doesn't do that due to a smart gathering, LOL.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
NCC. I can charge you $20 for a camping spot in my sister's front yard right there in Titusville. You can sit next to your tent in your lawn chair and watch the launch from there. I've watched a few launches from her front yard. :wink:

Wish I could make it down. This is the first time I will ever miss it. :(

·
He's not mine
9,613 Posts
Well, Kermit, I don't have a tent, nor a lawn chair. Hmmm, I wonder ... if the launch is delayed, will Super 8 refund the EXTRA charge?

No, I didn't think so. In fact, I called ... if the launch is delayed a day or so, the following days will also be at the increased rate. That really pisses me off.

Are you going to Kissimmee? I still haven't got a reservation for THE event.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
That's what I meant about missing. Won't be making it this year. This new job is taking up all my time. First year I ever missed it. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts