Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is how the LED 3rd Brake light looks before installation:

This is how it looks with a new hole (on the left) to install the pulsar (BLP Module) wires inside the light fixture:

This is how the pulsar ( BLP Module) looks before cutting the blue wire ring terminal:

Here is the Pulsar (BLP Module) ready to be connected inside the light fixture:

Pulsar (BLP Module) Connected thru the hole I made:

LED 3rd Brake Light & Pulsar Module installed working great.
All one has to do is to put the BLP Module between the incoming electricity and the bulb light.

1-) Cut the two wires coming from the light fixture (black is Ground & Green is Positive.
2-) Connect Red wire to the incoming electricity Green wire.
3-) Connect White wire to the Green wire coming from the bulb light fixture.
4-) Connect Blue wire to Ground black wire coming from the bulb light.

I used a soldering iron to make the connections. The wires are too short to use regular connectors.

MB Rear Star

MB Front Star:

·
17,372 Posts
I have to say, that 3rd brake light LED looks rather fantastic on a black smart...And I'm loving the "Ban Gas" over your license plates. :D

Off topic: That is the largest Mercedes emblem I've seen on any smart.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to say, that 3rd brake light LED looks rather fantastic on a black smart...And I'm loving the "Ban Gas" over your license plates. :D
I'm waiting for my license plates! You have no idea how many I tried before I got this one. Most were taken already.:)
I wanted:
NO GAS, NIL GAS, NON GAS, 0 GAS, but they were taken.:(

Yes, I like it a lot!:D

·
17,372 Posts
Only in California. :D You could get pretty much all of those here! Well, at least until all the Leaf and Tesla owners snatch them up...

Mercedes does now make illuminated badges, although they do cost a hefty penny. :eek:

·
Registered
300 Posts

I'm surprised the Smart can get that emblem up to freeway speeds!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isai95, I am unclear on your original post. Did you install TWO separate accessories, the LED 3rd brake light and also the pulsar module?
Yes, I installed both. Sorry I should have put this title:

LED 3rd Brake Light & Pulsar Module Installed without cutting Car Wires.

·
Registered
521 Posts
MB Front Star:

Alright... okay... im sorry but that just looks so out of place... why?

I would really take that off if i were you... even though smart is part mercedes it still isn't entirely... that is sort of like

just get a Mercedes-Benz license plate frame if you want some Mercedes on it, that is the most acceptable/best looking way to have it on the smart...

now your ED looks Special ED, but at least its not yellow :wink::D

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, both companies made it possible for me to have the car. Also Smart is not that well known to the general public, but when people see Mercedes Benz, they say: "OHHH"

·
Registered
515 Posts
i have to admit Im not a fan of the dual logo look

maybe remove one and replace with the other....

I like the new Smart logo on the grill

just my opinion

·
17,372 Posts
I used to be a super purist too and shun everyone who out MB badges on their cars, but I really don't see the issue with it anymore. If you want an MB badge and an SLR nose, go ahead!

Besides, Mercedes did engineer and design the 451...what would be wrong, would be putting Toyota iQ badges on there!!!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
again I think its too crowded with both logos

but hey if it works for you go for it

and regards to an illuminated logo

i wish the E on the sides illuminated ...now that would be cool

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
While we're at it with the logos....Let's not forget whose engine is in the arse end of our cars and represent them too............

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, all parties involved should be represented. How about the iPhone? The whole unit is made by Samsung. Apple just advertise it and sale it. If I were Samsung I'd force Apple to say in their commercials "Samsung Inside" just like "Intel Inside" on Dell, HP, Lenovo, IBM, You Name it PC.

·
17,372 Posts
And they're all put together by Foxconn! :D

(Wow iPad, why am I not surprised you didn't try to autocorrect that?)

·
17,372 Posts
Unless you have a Phase II ED, because then you can say you're powered by Tesla. :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts