Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
-ITMT ; any time you feel like putting together weekend "fun runs" down International Drive...
Funny you say that... I wanted to somehow tie in a caravan trip down IDrive with the anniversary :) I once had seen a group of old VW go down IDrive and it looked really cool, well and painful too 'cause my BF and I were playing punch buggy :p but anyway, I think it's cool that the things I've thought about are actually what everyone has been suggesting :) so I'm happy!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Ivonne,
Please keep me in the loop as I want to help but don't want to "take the lead" also please keep wdhitch well in the loop as he does a great job overall and can turnout the Tampa people. Multiple days with multiple events and venues would be great if we can find a central location with reasonable hotels and restaurants.

In the past I've always used the weekend after the Superbowl.
which this year would be Feb 11,12 & 13.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Guys, just make sure there are no conflicting CAR shows or major race events the same day... Last year it was the Rolex24 in Daytona. We cannot compete with something like that!

·
5,298 Posts
and another thought or two for consideration:

some may be celebrating Valentine's Day early the weekend of the 12th-13th., as Ken suggested, so they may want special privileges with their Valentines; no problem and they can always make reservations in Orlando for that special dinner and/or room.

President's day is 2/21 and that would be a 3 day weekend for some (not me though, but I have lots of PTO to use)

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
...let's see...the memories...
..a long freaking drive...watching Krusty go on three wheels...plugging a flat on the restaurant parking lot...the "racing" to old town....small beer price for extra large beer cups...dinner with friends...drag racing with friends...war stories with friends...not having to post bail with or for friends...a long drive back...a cracked windshield fom a friend...a cracked windshield to a friend...I guess is a no "brainer"...

jetfuel...I'm in...

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
..a long freaking drive...watching Krusty go on three wheels...plugging a flat on the restaurant parking lot...the "racing" to old town....small beer price for extra large beer cups...dinner with friends...drag racing with friends...war stories with friends...not having to post bail with or for friends...a long drive back...a cracked windshield fom a friend...a cracked windshield to a friend...I guess is a no "brainer"...

jetfuel...I'm in...

That's one thing I like about you, jet - despite the downsides, you still manage to show up for a good time!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Jetfuel, by your own accounts.. I'll keep away from you and please don't call me your friend!.. I don't need a flat nor would I relish the idea of yet another windshield disintegration!

Sato... I need my lucky 8 ball and my 13 rabbit feet!

·
Registered
479 Posts

jetfuel...I'm in...
I think I still owe you and several others for your help in fixing that flat...

That was an expensive weekend after getting the tire replaced.

I missed the beer :(

·
5,298 Posts
Jetfuel, by your own accounts.. I'll keep away from you and please don't call me your friend!.. I don't need a flat nor would I relish the idea of yet another windshield disintegration!

Sato... I need my lucky 8 ball and my 13 rabbit feet!
and bottle of hot sauce! Still waiting on Jet to reply:D

·
5,298 Posts
Date set! Feb 19th-20th

I just received this PM message fom Bonchy on the update:

"I just got off the phone with someone at Old Town and it's a yes! February 19th. I am still waiting on word from the drag racing locations that I contacted for Sunday Feb 20th but so far Old Town is a go!! "

21 - 38 of 38 Posts