Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I change oil (all fluids) in all my vehicles often. Some say too much. Regardless, am I destined to use Mobil 1 0-40 or would it be OK to use a fully synthetic 5-40? There are more choices of 5-40s that are less costly out there. Also if one can only use 0-40 in their 2005 Smart 450, are there other brands that are really just as good?
Thank You

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roger That
I didn't think it would be a big deal either.
Also (at least for me) G&K/ZAP didn't honor their warrenty at all and they even told me straight out that they wouldn't - tough & "what are you going to do about it - nothing." Well they were right about them not honoring or doing nothing, but they were wrong about me not doing anything because I tried real hard, yet this time lost.
Just want all my fellow Smart Enthusiasts that my car is running real sweet!
Thanks Again

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Walmart is the probably the best place to get Mobil 1 or any type or brand of oil at a good price. Just sometimes they don't keep a lot of stock on the high end stuff like Mobil 1.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Walmart is the probably the best place to get Mobil 1 or any type or brand of oil at a good price. Just sometimes they don't keep a lot of stock on the high end stuff like Mobil 1.
Yeah, that's a problem. They don't often stock the 0-40, but I've heard your can order it through them. Maybe not all of them are that's accommodating.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True, but usually they have it a good amount of the time. Mobil 1 is used for just about all other later MBs and BMWs, so that's why the little they stock isn't always there when we want it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts