Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a letter from carb that my under 50 cubic inch stock 450 g/k is no longer allowed it's exemption that I did at the referee. The rule for the 50 inch and under is no longer on their website. The officials state it's not grandfather in ..

Anyone else.. I'm getting attorney if any wants to join ..

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
450 smog exemption:

I hope that the 450 will meet CA tailpipe emission standards. I wonder why they decided to change their ruling on exemptions? Keep us posted on your progress in overruling this change. I don't own a 450 but I hope those with G & K conversions will continue to remain smog exempt in CA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So got a call from a cal smog official , and he said I am not grandfathered in for exemption.. glad I didn't diesel convert it .. oh well

·
Registered
23 Posts
Same here, and I also talked with the referee and got the same answer. Finally renewed with DMV and got the notice for a mandatory smog check, which my car failed. The tech said something to the effect that my catalytic converter wasn’t working or hadn’t been “initialized”?? Anyone else go through smog check recently with a 450? Even my own mechanic doesn’t know what this means, or even if my car HAS a catalytic! 😕

1 - 4 of 4 Posts