Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I have a 2014 Smart ED with a BMS problem. Wanted to know if anyone had tried to repair it successfully or know a company that successfully repairs these?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'm sure the BMS is a proprietary item, no diagrams or schematics are available except under lock and key in Stuttgart, and the boards are physically composed of all SMT components covered in conformal coating and would be difficult to repair.

It is probably not replaceable either except by salvaging the old boards from a Smart on a junkyard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Of course. There is a company who can do that. I have a positive experience with them. www.softelectronic.com search for N82/2

·
Registered
2 Posts
And the “positive experience” is???
The positive experience is that they have arranged DHL to pick up my BMS and after a week I’ve got it back. Than I have to put it back into the battery casing and place the batterry in my car. Than it started working. Car could be charged again. Price for fixing it was arround 1800€.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
The positive experience is that they have arranged DHL to pick up my BMS and after a week I’ve got it back. Than I have to put it back into the battery casing and place the batterry in my car. Than it started working. Car could be charged again. Price for fixing it was arround 1800€.
Thanks for more information!

And what was the problem with your 451 ED that at the current exchange rate (1,800€) set you back $2,264??? Was your HV battery pack bricked??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts