Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 143 Posts

·
aka 'Red-Devil'
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
A lot of suggestions so far. I'm going to take a break now, but I'll try to put all of these in some kind of order and add any new ones later. Thanks

·
Registered
656 Posts
20. You can lock your keys in the car! If your doors are locked while the rear hatch is open, you can leave your keys in the car and close up the hatch. You have now managed to lock your keys in the car! (wrumbarger)

that just made my day! thanks !!:D

·
17,384 Posts
As far as the starter key goes (you don't need to hold it until the car starts), that's actually a very common feature in new cars. The 09' Aveo did it, both PTs did it, the F-150, etc.

Oh, and add "How to disable esp" to that list. Kudos goes to a few members of our community for that one...:)

·
aka 'Red-Devil'
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
As far as the starter key goes (you don't need to hold it until the car starts), that's actually a very common feature in new cars. The 09' Aveo did it, both PTs did it, the F-150, etc.

Some of us "more experienced" drivers may not be aware of these "new fangled, great googly moogly" features. :rolleyes:

Oh, and add "How to disable esp" to that list. Kudos goes to a few members of our community for that one...:)
Is that different from 16. ?

·
aka 'Red-Devil'
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
20. You can lock your keys in the car! If your doors are locked while the rear hatch is open, you can leave your keys in the car and close up the hatch. You have now managed to lock your keys in the car! (wrumbarger)

that just made my day! thanks !!:D

I had to paraphrase, I think the original post from wrumbarger was funnier :D.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The passenger seat x-tra reclining tip?

How about adding the "Lifting the passenger seat recliner lever and pushing the seat backward" tip? Gives a little more comfort for the passenger tilted back just a tad more.

Not my idea, but it was very clever.

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
4 If you tap the turn signal (like for a lane change) it will flash 3 times before it stops, if you turn it all the way on and then off it stops immediately
I don't understand this one. What do you mean tap It?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
16. To disable trac control, and have fun in the snow, hold both buttons on speedo dash...turn key on..wait a few...the yellow triangle/brakes and ABS will light up...now ...you are it...
..shutting car off will return to normal...
Question about turning off the traction control: If you push both of those little buttons, does that also set the trip odo back to zero? And how do you push both of them at once?

21 - 40 of 143 Posts