Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 60 of 143 Posts

·
aka 'Red-Devil'
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
How about adding the "Lifting the passenger seat recliner lever and pushing the seat backward" tip? Gives a little more comfort for the passenger tilted back just a tad more.

Not my idea, but it was very clever.

I'm thinking that's more of a mod than a feature.

·
aka 'Red-Devil'
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Whoops...missed it! :eek:

That wasn't discovered by jetfuel though...smartcar111 made a video on it and I forgot who actually discovered it...*checking threads*

The names are the people who posted in this thread to bring that feature to my attention ( I didn't want it to look like I did all the work).

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Here's one, if you burn an MP3 CD for the Smart Radio 10, you can put lots of songs on the CD, BUT it only will play the first 255 songs. For those into computers and binary, it sounds like an 8 bit limit to me.

Bob Diaz

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Question about turning off the traction control: If you push both of those little buttons, does that also set the trip odo back to zero? And how do you push both of them at once?

If you press the buttons before you turn on the key. it shouldn't reset the miles. You either need long fingers, or make up a tool to press them down, or get a helper to turn the key.

·
17,384 Posts
Here's one, if you burn an MP3 CD for the Smart Radio 10, you can put lots of songs on the CD, BUT it only will play the first 255 songs. For those into computers and binary, it sounds like an 8 bit limit to me.

Bob Diaz
I can't fit 255 songs on an 800MB CD...:)

·
Registered
810 Posts
If you press the Central Locking Switch on the dash while the drivers door is open, and the key is in the 1 position, then removing the key and closing the door will leave the car locked and the optional factory alarm armed.

This is the only way to lock and arm the factory alarm with only a single acknowledgement beep.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My educated supermodel look-a-like wife Brenda found the purse storage before me. It's callled agape and eros.

GB # 66... Always a mentor. # 4 is an idiot.

....the recling passenger seat? Trust.

:)

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
There should be a caution on the Purse storage compartment. With the heater on at full blast, it can get quite warm in that area, so don't store anything that can't handle heat.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Question, Bob, is that with or without folders? Old DOS had that limitation only at the root directory level - which makes me curious if that holds true here too.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Regarding the slot in the glove box door, we've tried all of those items and none of them are a "perfect fit". Whatever it's for, it must be something in the metric sizing series (i.e, like A4 paper size, only much, much smaller.

If it's for a Mercedes Benz $5,000 gift card, someone took ours before we took delivery of the car.

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
Regarding the slot in the glove box door, we've tried all of those items and none of them are a "perfect fit". Whatever it's for, it must be something in the metric sizing series (i.e, like A4 paper size, only much, much smaller.

If it's for a Mercedes Benz $5,000 gift card, someone took ours before we took delivery of the car.
I use that slot on longer drives to put my credit card and/or toll ticket in. Also made a good place for business cards.

·
aka 'Red-Devil'
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Wow, what a learning experience for me! i just came back from the parking lot after checking out a few of the items mentioned here.

1. there is a business card size holder inside the glove box door. (never noticed it before!)

2. I'm assuming the bulb kit and purse storage compartment are one in the same, I never noticed it either. (don't spend much time on the passenger side of my car)

3. In an emergency (or if you're a lazy slob like me) 2 fast food drinking straws (\/) can be used to hold the buttons on either side of the dash while you turn the key on. It does disable the traction control and ABS. I was unable to do doughnuts on our dry parking lot (thanks to the "rollover protecting" smaller front tire induced understeer causing me to go straight before the tires broke loose. So I decided to test the emergency stop/ flasher tip. Oops, no ABS, left a 10 foot skid mark in the parking lot. Restarted the car and tried again, I don't think I managed enough speed in the parking lot to activate the flashers, and the smell from the tires told me to go back inside. I usually get a chance to test my panic stop at least once a week around here (stoplight cameras).

·
aka 'Red-Devil'
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Standard Mercedes feature. :)
Next thing you'll tell me is that there's a bottle of window cleaner that sprays the windshield so I don't have to stop and get out to spit on the windshield to clean it.:D Darn new-fangled, hoopity hoop, dang nabbit, houty touty cars!

Actually, back in the day (after we cranked the engine over by hand:cool:) it was common to partially engage the turn signal when changing lanes so when you released it, it went off (also reduced the times you drove along for miles with a signal on). One day I decided to not change lanes immediately after tapping the signal, I looked down and it was still blinking, thinking I had pushed the lever too far I pushed it the other way, now my other signal was blinking, this went on like a 3 Stooges routine for too long. Finally I waited and the signal quit blinking. I then tested it, yep, tap 3 blinks, tap the other way 3 blinks. Apparently this impressed all the drivers around me as they were all proclaiming me to be number one (middle finger) as they drove by :eek:.

41 - 60 of 143 Posts