Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been running the fuse 11 switch for awhile and played enough to know the do and dont's
I'm thinking of starting to produce these as a 100% plug and play unit with no need to modify or wire. Simply mount a switch and plug in. This will alow you to turn the traction control and esp off at the flick of a switch without the need to hold the buttons on the dash or pull fuses. That means simpler to have fun with your smart when you want to. Kit will come with the harness and install instructions. Along with how to use it. And will be aprox 15 dollars Canadian. Just wanted some feed back if anyone's interested. Will start production early in Jan and shipping out by mid Jan to end of January

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
17,479 Posts
Unfortunately, no. They all route through the same fuse. You kill the fuse (or reset the system with the button trick), you kill every active safety feature.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry. I'm not understanding the "fun" in disabling security systems designed to keep me alive.
It's to turn it off and go play around. Not really for highway driving. Being the smart is a rear wheel drive short wheel base it's a fun car to whip around. Basically the same idea as having a 700hp car.. will you always use all 700 hp? Prob not but it's there to use when you wish to

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
When I'm on track going around an uphill turn as fast as I can it wants to apply brakes where I want to accelerate...not fun as I loose all the momentum I have built up. A big engine could just power up in a hurry but the smart engine takes a while to get back up to speed. Leaning forward doesn't work either. >:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
When you turn everything off is there a dash light that lets you know it's off? My vette lets you turn everything off but has a warning on the dash and resets to "on" after you turn the car off. My concern with a switch is forgetting to turn it back on and then someone else driving it not knowing.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Many years ago I made one for my 2008 as was suggested by a member named Silvers. It was fun but I had some unanticipated consequences. The weight of the switch mechanism attached to the fuse occasionally pulled out the fuse when I was driving and hit a bump. I didn't like the unexpected deactivation and wasn't successful preventing it with rudimentary measures such as tape so I took it out. Just any FYI to check that your new production model doesn't cause a similar problem.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts