Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
1000cc fortwo 451 Model please pay attention to driving the train at the end of the water temperature cooling water will pass to the front of friction body design has been a problem so water is expected to also add a layer of nylon net, but the engine will still be shaking up and down frayed

破水管會引致引擎無法散熱水滾要立即停車否側會燒引擎如果你車上有蒸餾水可以打開車頭蓋乘客位前方白色大水壺入水再行車因為漏水情況不快(很慢)所以可以頂到你去指定地點(如車房)
Broken water pipes can cause the engine can not heat the water to boil to immediately stop any side-burn engines will have distilled water if you can open the car passenger seat in front of a white bonnet large bottle of water into the water to travel because of water leakage, offensive (very slow) so it can be to the top you go to designated locations (eg, garages)
有保養就叫仁孚拖車入佢數
There maintenance is called the number of Zung Fu trailer into the Drainage

預防方法升高車尾在散熱水管上加物件降低直接磨擦引致破裂漏水
Prevention methods increased rear add objects in the cooling water pipes to reduce friction caused by breakdown of the direct leakage

車底中間住上看圖片
Vehicle at the end of the middle watch live pictures

有定期回廠做保養車主下次回廠時必須提出檢查車底散熱水管磨擦損耗並必要寫在收據上保障愛車如日後因水管磨擦損耗導致引擎有任何問題都可以用單據追討責任否側廠會指車主使用不當引致不負責任結果系自己硬食
Maintenance on a regular basis back to factory owners to do the next back to check the car plant must be made at the end of heat pipe friction loss and the need to write on the receipt to protect the car, such as the future loss due to pipe friction caused the engine problems can be used in any document whether the liability side of The plant will refer to the owner caused by irresponsible and improper use of the results of the Department of their own hard-drinking

·
Registered
499 Posts
That is looking up from under the passenger side in front of the engine.
I have my drive train sitting out behind my car right now. So I checked it out and mine is worn through the nylon mesh and has started to wear on the hose under it. My car has alittle less than 30,000 miles on it I think it be through the hose in a few thousand more.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Should probably retitle this to radiator hose wear or some thing to let poeple Know what this thread is about. Since this appears to be comon and since smarts don't have a temp guage. There are going to be alot of people with fried motors and no warrenty.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have my drive train sitting out behind my car right now. So I checked it out and mine is worn through the nylon mesh and has started to wear on the hose under it. My car has alittle less than 30,000 miles on it I think it be through the hose in a few thousand more.
Agree! Can you be more specific as to where we should inspect for this possible problem? Perhaps a more removed photograph? It sounds like an easy-fix issue if caught in time, as you just did.

And, off track: why is your drive train sitting out behind your car?
Could you share some photos of that, as well?

Tom

·
Registered
5,072 Posts

would not yhis be a waranty repair if under 24,000 mile? :confused:

·
Registered
499 Posts
would not yhis be a waranty repair if under 24,000 mile? :confused:
Yes but mine has almost 30,000 not worn through, but wouldn't have taken much longer. And thus would be after waranty.

I was thinking the title of this thread should be changed so more would check it out. But I don't have any Idea how to do that.

I'm trying to develop something that I think woud make Sinister Sand Sports and Matt's Smartabusa kits alot more popular for everyone. Not a different kit but an imrovement to be used with either.

·
Registered
499 Posts
It is from the engine moving in the engine subframe the right side radiator hose curves up from the engine and goes past the subframe to lay flat on top of it to go straight into the metal tubes coming down the center of the car from the radiator. Where it passes the subframe coming up. It is up against the metal seam of the sub(quite sharp edge of the 2 metal sheets) it has abit of pressure too.
so it rubs a hole in the hose

smart just needs to adjust the angle of the hoses to not be up against the sub probably already done by now but weather they do a recal is another story.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I checked mine today. It looks like it has NOT been rubbing the subframe. I have 15,000 miles on my car. It also has a bit of slack in the line where it goes under the frame. I will keep a eye on it for sure

·
Registered
660 Posts
The plant will refer to the owner caused by irresponsible and improper use of the results of the Department of their own hard-drinking.
I think this is the problem right here. Gotta love the translation. :D

·
Registered
499 Posts
I had a second thought. Is the rub on the top of the subcrame ( spot you can not see looking up from under the car?
No, It's on the inside edge. I was @ the dealer and he had 2 coupes on the hoists. Niether one was even close to rubbing. I'm thinking that some of the hoses are longer on the engine side or that someone on the line didn't put it on far enough. May be that is what they are talking someone on the line was drinking to much @ lunch. Haven't had a chance to get to the shop to check it out on my engine. I'll try to get over there tonight and let you know tomarrow.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I will check mine every Oil change /tire rotation at least. I do not see how it would rub on mine though. I could rap it with a hose protector though. It is not tight at all. I wonder what size hose that is? I never thought to size it.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Dang that's hard to get to.

I'm still not sure if I have a problem or not. You really need to get the car in the air to get in there. Its almost dead center hiding away. Makes me want to take it in somewhere just to get it on a lift, Or at least an oil change Pit.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts