Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty simple once you figure out the secret....

The release tab is on the left end of each bulb holder - a flat tool of some sort would be better than the screwdriver shown.

Insert the tool between the rubber gasket and the body and push straight in to release the plastic tab.

Once you have the tab released, pull down and out on the left side of the bulb holder and bring the wiring out.

Then remove the black plug from its tab, so you can remove the old bulb.

Fit the new bulb and put the black plug back on its tab.

Insert the right end of the bulb holder first and push the wiring back up, out of the way.

Then push the left side of the bulb holder up until the plastic tab clicks into place.

Once the bulb holder is firmly fitted, you're done. :)

·
Super Moderator
28,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a comment on the LED option - I don't care if the license plate is illuminated at all, but it's the law so I chose the cheapest way to comply.... :)

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,754 Posts
I don't care if the license plate is illuminated at all, but it's the law so I chose the cheapest way to comply....
Agreed but, on such a small car the bright white wash of LED light across the plate might make me more "visible" to others after dark?

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,754 Posts
Yep, which is why Sylvania clearly labeled them like so many other "mods" out there - "For Off Road Use Only."

I'll take my chances changing from old school "yellow" to the "color" white...

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yep, which is why Sylvania clearly labeled them like so many other "mods" out there - "For Off Road Use Only."

I'll take my chances changing from old school "yellow" to the "color" white...
I think you're safe with white LED's. I was talking more about blue, pink, red..etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts