Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2009 451 for over 11 years and never had this problem before. When it is time to re-set the indicator, I have almost always got results on the first attempt. Last week, I replaced the car battery and afterwards did my yearly maintenance. When I attempted to re-set the indicator, no luck. I waited a few hours, still no luck, Even waited a couple of days, still no re-set. Could having the battery out of the car for a few hours caused an issue in not being able to re-set the maintenance indicator? And yes, I am doing the exact way Cain at Evilution shows in his video.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
If you got very little mileage since the last reset I found in my mother's Mercedes will not reset. With my tool I can only reverse the last reset then redo the reset from last time. Car got maybe less than 50 miles for the year...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you got very little mileage since the last reset I found in my mother's Mercedes will not reset. With my tool I can only reverse the last reset then redo the reset from last time. Car got maybe less than 50 miles for the year...

Thanks, that may be the problem. In the last year, I have only put about 80 miles on the car. We had a very rainy winter and I do not take the car out in the rain and then covid-19 hit, so I have driven very little in the last several months. Thanks, again for your help.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Really kind of upsetting for me. Maintenance schedule is once a year or 10k mi, something like that. Apparently for Europeans/Germans that's actually inclusive or? You need to drive the car as well? That's silly, if you don't have a use for it, yet they require service at the 1 yr mark, why prohibit resetting the service interval! Rant over....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts