Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys, i just got an oil change yesterday and i know my smart oil capacity is 3.7 quarts but the guy put 4 quarts without pre filling the oil filter so that would take some in too but it’s still a little over the full line on the dip stick. Do i leave it alone or drain some oil?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do. Not a big deal i drove the car for two days this way is it? Just about 10 miles

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
What’s up guys, i just got an oil change yesterday and i know my smart oil capacity is 3.7 quarts but the guy put 4 quarts without pre filling the oil filter so that would take some in too but it’s still a little over the full line on the dip stick. Do i leave it alone or drain some oil?
I have always used 4 quarts in my smart cars and have never had a problem, come on... live dangerously.

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Drive it...let it sit for 20 minutes and then check...the stick will show the upper mark...

Jetfuel....I didn't said dipstick...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up borrowing an oil extractor and took out about half a quart now it’s right on, i don’t know why i was stressing it but i got that over with. Oh and i got some new shoes while i was at it too. I went stock tire size on the verdesteins. Thanx for the responds guys

·
Registered
972 Posts
Oil capacity with the long oil filter, Fram 7317, Purolator 14610, or Wix 51356. is exactly four quarts.

I use the WixXP, look on Rock Auto for good prices.

With the OEM filter, Fram 6607, or Purolator 14612, the oil capacity is about 3.7....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts