Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I added the last two items to the first post but without the photo::)
Thanks jwight :)

Huronlad, I thought that might be the case. I try to avoid removing panels whenever I can. The more I remove them, the more I feel my chance of breaking a clip increases. :\

However, I will try that as I again have to replace one of the LED license plate 39mm festoon bulbs I bought from Your LED Shop. :( I don't think those things are rugged enough for use in that location.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I tried removing the rear gate panel to replace the license plate bulb. While not much faster than removing the license plate light assembly, your chances of keeping the license plate assembly in one piece are much greater. I disconnected the "hot" wire, swapped out the bulb and put the panel back on. It was my first time removing that panel. I think adding an access area to that panel would make it easier.

Also, there is a nice bit of room between the interior and exterior sides of the rear gate. I bet someone could make a tool / first aid kit storage area there. I know I'm going to add some noise killer (Roadkill, Hushmat, Dynamat, something like that) before the summer.

·
Registered
355 Posts
rear tail gate (inside panel)

probably a dumb question, but would the panel for the 451 rear tail gate fit the 450? has anyone tried to switch them? just curious.:D

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
They most likely would not be interchangeable. The 451's rear gate panel is curved whereas the 450's is more straight.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You're welcome. Also, look at the rear of the cars. On the 450s, we have the kind of flip out part on the bottom left and bottom right. I believe the 451s do not have that either.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Time to revive this thread, because it turns out the turn signal switch and wiper levers are the same:

Top: 450. Bottom: 451.
Part number for the turn signal switch: A451 545 0210/003 (I think)

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
What is that "auto" position at the bottom? Mine (450) has a rear fog light icon at that setting. Not that Canadian cars have a fog light on the back! G&K 450s still have their rear fog light.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
On the top (450) I can still see the rear fog light you're referring to. On the bottom one (451) the Auto option joins the hockey-puck-sensor on the windshield for Auto Lights and Auto Wipers.

On the light side, Auto senses the need to turn on or turn off the lights. On the wiper side, Auto senses the need to turn on or off the wipers due to rain, and even at what speed they should wipe.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
mmmmmm I'll try to explain it using my own terms: Auto is when the lights turn on by themselves, you just set it in Auto and when the dark comes: Voila! :D
Now please one expert help me :D

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Mike_T and ALSRAC:

Do you think that the Auto switch will still work to illuminate the rear fog light on the G&K 450s?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts