Smart Car of America Forum banner

451 rear disc conversion kit

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  smark 
#1 ·
This a complete conversion kit to change the rear brakes from drum to disc. It has ~10k miles on it with very little wear. I'd guess the wear parts have at least another 40-50k left in them. The brackets were purchased of ebay from a seller in greece. All that was included was the brackets, spacers for the CV axles and some hardware. I had to source the calipers, pads, discs and brake lines myself. The calipers were new VW units with new mount brackets. The discs are Smart front discs with the OD machined down 1". Any auto machine shop can do this to new rotors, not that it will need them anytime soon. Pedal feel is much firmer with these over the drums. The pedal is less squishy with a little less travel. Only reason I took it off is I'm selling the car and am returning it to stock as much as I can.

Asking $350 shipped

See less See more
#4 ·
It is a bolt on and go. There's a couple tricks to getting the CV axles out of the way but that's about it. Total install time is 2-3 hours.

Not sure what you mean by either size rim? The rear rims are the kept the same when you go to one width all the way around. I also ran these with and with out 20mm spacers. Caliper cleared the rim with out the spacers no problem.

#7 ·
This a complete conversion kit to change the rear brakes from drum to disc. It has ~10k miles on it with very little wear. I'd guess the wear parts have at least another 40-50k left in them. The brackets were purchased of ebay from a seller in greece. All that was included was the brackets, spacers for the CV axles and some hardware. I had to source the calipers, pads, discs and brake lines myself. The calipers were new VW units with new mount brackets. The discs are Smart front discs with the OD machined down 1". Any auto machine shop can do this to new rotors, not that it will need them anytime soon. Pedal feel is much firmer with these over the drums. The pedal is less squishy with a little less travel. Only reason I took it off is I'm selling the car and am returning it to stock as much as I can.

Asking $350 shipped

hi i like to purchase this is my number 858-302-9236 im in california

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.