Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dida post on the aggrivation on these guides not working well with the belts and saw the upgrades available. I have an idea on a modification to try rather than spending $72 (or more now) on them. If it works out I'll post what I did but just had one question. Does anyone know it the old guides are made of medal all the way around and just covered in plastic?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Try putting a magnet on them.
That might answer it. Unless it's some low grade stainless or titanium, them your question will remain a question.
I dida post on the aggrivation on these guides not working well with the belts and saw the upgrades available. I have an idea on a modification to try rather than spending $72 (or more now) on them. If it works out I'll post what I did but just had one question. Does anyone know it the old guides are made of medal all the way around and just covered in plastic?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Yes, the old guides are made of medal all the way around and covered in plastic.

Good Luck

JL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.