Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking to preemptively buy some clips from EBAY to save some money since the OEM clips are super expensive. Does anyone have any suggestion on which ones to get or whether or not to even bother with buying the assorted trim clips from Ebay.

You can get 500pcs mixed assorted pieces for about $7.50

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mines a 2010 smart. I haven’t started taking off the panels yet but I will be soon since I ordered the hood latch that I’m going to be replacing. I’m just preemptively buying a bunch of assorted clips that will hopefully work for the smart from EBay. Only about 8 bucks for 500 pieces that I can probably use for my other car. Even if I can use only about 20 of the 500 I still got my money’s worth.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jim, yea I thought having to take off the whole front end was a bit over dramatic, surely the engineer is not that crazy. Do you know if I need to drop the front end to take out the headlight? The bulb I’m planning to swap out is the small parking bulb.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
If you have smaller hands, you can reach in behind the headlamp assembly and turn the stalk to pull the stalk and bulb out. Sometimes they get real tight in there and then you may have to loosen the fender to get in there but usually they come right out.

As for the grille, I think I took the top screws out on the upper part of the grille so I could see in there to release the grille. A butter knife works good for that as I recall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts