Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You spoke, we listened! Back when I was a lurker I came across several posts upset with the lack of availability of all-weather floor mats for the 453. We shared the same frustrations as many of you about not being able to offer anything, and I'm happy to say we have found a great alternative with new all-weather floor trays. Think of them as extreme floor mats!

The trays go beyond the protection of a typical floor mat and cover the full carpeted area of the passenger compartment, including the dead pedal. They are branded and clip into the existing floor mat fasteners. All trays are black and made of rubber for easy cleaning.

The floor trays are $130 and are available through dealers or as a stand-alone option when ordering a new 453 coupe or cabrio (code 13A).

Part number: A4536806504

Thank you all for your feedback. Enjoy!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I bought them, they fit pretty well, they do provide quite a bunch of coverage. My only beef with them is they are more plastic then rubber, so they are shiny and don't have the matte rubber look I was hoping for. (which i have in my other vehicle). I decided to not use them until the rainy season, and will stick with the carpets for the summer.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I bought them, they fit pretty well, they do provide quite a bunch of coverage. My only beef with them is they are more plastic then rubber, so they are shiny and don't have the matte rubber look I was hoping for. (which i have in my other vehicle). I decided to not use them until the rainy season, and will stick with the carpets for the summer.
That's the same way I feel about them. I would not describe them as "rubber" unless they have been redesigned from those I purchased in Dec 2015. You did not have to order them from abroad. U.S. dealers just didn't know they were available or have the part numbers. I supplied my dealer with the numbers as found here on the forum. They couldn't find them in their system but agreed to order them. They were quite surprised when they arrived in a couple days from the local warehouse - not from overseas - and, indeed, were for the 453.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have NO DOUBT they will perform great in the fall/winter here in the Pacific Northwest. But they are really ugly... Can't get over how strange they look when installed.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I do prefer the rubber mats. I have had a set in my 1990 300E for many years and had a set in my 2013 smart. The new mats will stay in my 453 all year as they do provide superior protection for the carpet and I'm not going to spring for a fair weather set.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
If I thought that buying a set of mats might invite rain to California, I'd buy a set. As it is, we just dodge the semi-annual raindrop. Maybe in California, those mats could be repurposed as coffee spill-catcher trays.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,569 Posts
Those are some of the best fitting factory floor mats I have ever seen. They really offer good floor coverage and look fine, too. Remind me a lot of the Weathertechs I had in my Dodge dually.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
These are just as good if not better, due to fitment. Get these and you're all set.
I just think a little more could have been done with them. Why not have the mat extend up to the inside door sill instead of stopping short? Same with the other side, leaving the exposed carpeting between the center console area and the mat.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts