Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was showing a friend how easy it is now to get to the battery (compared to the old model), but the question came: "How to you remove or replace it?" I couldn't see an easy way to do it. Does the window cowling have to come off first? I wonder why it was done that way?

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I was showing a friend how easy it is now to get to the battery (compared to the old model), but the question came: "How to you remove or replace it?" I couldn't see an easy way to do it. Does the window cowling have to come off first? I wonder why it was done that way?

I was stunned by the inaccessible placement when first looking at the 453 in 2015. It requires removal of the black plastic trim above it, if I remember right.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Remove the black plastic trim near the windshield wiper. It's easy to do and you'll be able to easily access the battery. Prefer the battery in this location because the styrofoam floorboard used to annoy me during jump starting situations.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easy? Okay, I take your word for it. BTW, is there a "service manual" available for the 453?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts