Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spied with a camo wrap but no visible body cladding, the new Brabus city car is expected to pack more of a punch than its predecessors, with estimates ranging from 105 to 120 hp – which may not be much for most cars, but promises to transform the Smart into something more aggressive, especially when paired with a sportier suspension, dual exhaust and aero kit.

Expect the new Brabus Smart to debut sometime next year, after which it'll be interesting to see how it might square off against a future Renaultsport version of the Twingo with which the new Smart cars share their rear-engined underpinnings.
Smart spotted testing new Brabus Fortwo - Autoblog

:)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Very nice! The one thing this proves is the rear wheels will still be larger than the front. Maybe a 16" front, 17" rear? Just a guess there.

The 'rear exhaust' on this thing makes it look like the car has wheelie bars! :p Maybe it's because of all that TURBO!

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone seriously think those are the actual BRABUS exhaust pipes - on a test mule? :)

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If that's an actual photo, it look like there's some sort of stick on aero skirt thing going on, plus no usual BRABUS badge on the back. Solid color is nice (just not that solid color....:D)

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Another look at early dual exhaust . . .

This B'bus is soooo fast they had to tape the hood on . . .

November 24, 2014

"No modifications are expected for the powertrain, which means the ForTwo Brabus sold in the U.S. should stick with the standard car's turbocharged 0.9-liter three-cylinder engine rated at 90 horsepower and 100 pound-feet of torque. Further down the track an electric version of the new ForTwo should be launched, and this too will receive the Brabus treatment, as should the larger ForFour."

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1024841_2016-smart-fortwo-brabus-spy-shots

·
17,350 Posts
So it is real!!! :D

That's 30 hp more than what we have now...Should be a quick little city car...

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
According to Google...

Details for the motorization of the new smart fortwo BRABUS there is not yet, only the NEDC fuel consumption is given as 5.2 liters per 100 kilometers (CO2 emissions of 119 g / km). Looking at the previous engine range of smart with a maximum of 90 hp, is roughly assume a horse power just over 100. Much more horsepower than the previous smart fortwo BRABUS we do not expect.
If we get the same BRABUS bait and switch as last time around I think it's time to start looking elsewhere, for me anyway. :)

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,224 Posts
I saw that on the British smart site. The green car is a Tailor Made smart. Over on the other site, there is a small interior pic. It is green and black with green trim on the seats and floor mats. Looks pretty cool in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I saw that on the British smart site. The green car is a Tailor Made smart. Over on the other site, there is a small interior pic. It is green and black with green trim on the seats and floor mats. Looks pretty cool in my opinion.
I found the picture, yes this is definitely worlds of improvement over the proxy.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts