Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
German tuner Carlsson has released an aftermarket package for the latest Smart ForTwo.

It's their first take on the third-gen ForTwo which has gained a variety of cosmetic tweaks starting on the outside where there are custom front & rear spoilers along with a restyled rear apron with cutouts to make room for the quad pipes part of Carlsson’s newly developed sports exhaust system. The ForTwo has ditched the stock wheels to make room for the tuner’s 17-inch DS alloys with polished spokes while the lowering springs have brought the city car closer to the road by a few millimeters.

Stepping inside the cabin, the Smart ForTwo has received an aluminum pedal set, leather & Alcantara steering wheel, two-tone leather upholstery, custom floor mats and other minor bits and pieces to spice up an already funky cabin.

There aren’t any changes in the engine department so you will have to wait until the Brabus version will be out likely later this year with an upgraded 0.9 TCe three-cylinder turbocharged gasoline engine developing somewhere in the region of 120 HP (88 kW), up by 30 HP (22 kW) compared to the series version.
Carlsson will bring their modified Smart ForTwo to next week's Geneva Motor Show.
Source: Carlsson
Source: Smart ForTwo customized by Carlsson for Geneva Motor Show

·
17,372 Posts
Why do I have a feeling that the 453 will never have the extreme level of exterior mods as the 451? I wonder if there's a way to give it a side skirt?

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,395 Posts
By the way, the smart club of England has a photo of the 453 cabbi on their web site. It will have the removable roof bars and the top looks a lot like the current model. The article also states that the forfour will have a sliding soft roof much like the Fiat 500.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
For the Carlsson it will be a masculocentric mini"kilt" done in a Nordic sort of way. >:D I won't even comment on that second sentence. :eek:
And speaking of skirts; if the wheelwell cutout in the tridion were covered with a tridion-colored detachable fender skirt (mini-skirt), that would help gas mileage a bit, AND give it a different look

·
17,372 Posts
For the Carlsson it would be a masculocentric mini"kilt" done in a Nordic sort of way. >:D I won't even comment on that second sentence. :eek:
I searched Google for "smart fortwo kilt". Half glad nothing came up. 0:)

I like the big wheels, car looks like a cartoon!

·
17,372 Posts
I am surprised we have had the sloping front end on the 451 for so long given the European pedestrian rules. I am also not a fan of the bull nose look.
I'm genuinely interested in how they achieved this:

Without making the car longer or compromising interior space. Front end work looks like it's going to be easy.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts