Smart Car of America Forum banner

453 Cabrio Wind Noise

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jojomook 
#1 ·
My 2017 Prime Cabrio makes a high pitched whistle that is so loud it drowns out the radio and drives my dog crazy. It happens at freeway speeds in a side wind. I asked the dealer to check the seals and the top generally to make sure everything was in order and they said it was fine. Is this normal? Does anyone know of a fix other than just getting ear muffs for the dog? 🤣

#3 ·
You may still be under warranty. Take it to a MBZ dealership service dept. that also services smart cars. If the warranty recently expired, call the mothership and see if they will offer you good faith warranty coverage. Hopefully, that little wind deflector the sits on the center of the windshield header is still in place?

#5 ·
My 453 Cabrio 2019, is very quiet with the roof up, so you definitely have a problem with seals. You did not say where the noise is coming from , above? to left or right, front or back of side doors? or rear? That would help narrow it down for us to say what seal is causing the problem. as said try to get it done under warranty. In the past on other makes of convertibles I have used silicon grease on dodgy seals to stop rain ingress and wind noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.