Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had the smartmadness chip on my 2nd 453 and honestly it felt a tiny bit different but not really much at all considering the numbers they throw out (they never have any exact numbers but they use good adjectives to describe this and that without any actual evidence (why?)

curious if anyone has actually dyno'd any of their products or if it's just fluff that we're spending 500-750$ on?

does smart madness have any before and after dyno's for any of the 453 products?

i honestly would love to chip my newest manual 453 but as i said the last time i didnt feel the $750 really did anything,

WOULD SMART MADNESS BE WILLING TO DYNO THEIR PRODUCTS?
OR I COULD ARRANGE A BEFORE AND AFTER IF THEY CAN ACTUALLY MAKE SOME PROMISES ON THE GAINS.

smart fortwo 453 - Engine Control Module - MAXPower by MADNESS Online Store - smart car Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Installation would be different from the BMW shown. I am sure the manufacturer could talk a customer through the process. It will be no harder to install then the unit Madness sells.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Installation would be different from the BMW shown. I am sure the manufacturer could talk a customer through the process. It will be no harder to install then the unit Madness sells.
I realize this is a 453 thread, however I am interested in the 451 version, I see on their website a 451 smart version available. I am emailing them for details.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I installed the Lorinser power pack and let me tell you , this woke up the motor , and you can not only feel it , but the pick up and climbing ability (mountain roads) is evident without any dyno hook up , I would like to access a Dyno to confirm and I have put out to feelers to find a local dyno .. looks like there is a garage in Lancaster PA that may be able to help . I'll post up once i get more info .

·
Registered
665 Posts
It's too bad I didn't do a baseline , but I'll just go off factory specs for that since I've done all the changes , but I can do a baseline with the high flow filter and my bypass on so I can get a fairly bottom line without the power pack

·
Registered
451 Posts
Carlsson does this but you have to remove your ECU and mail it to them in Germany. Expect to be without a car for 2 weeks.

Original:
max. power: 66 kW (90 hp) / 5.500 rpm
max. torque: 135 Nm / 2.500 rpm
V-max: 155 km/h

Carlsson:
max. power: 85 kW (115 hp) / 5.500 rpm
max. torque: 165 Nm / 2.500 rpm
V-max: 170 km/h

http://www.carlsson.de/b2b/index.php?func=browse&mfid=1&tid=68&vid=-1&cat=18

·
Vendor
3,611 Posts
i had the smartmadness chip on my 2nd 453 and honestly it felt a tiny bit different but not really much at all considering the numbers they throw out (they never have any exact numbers but they use good adjectives to describe this and that without any actual evidence (why?)

curious if anyone has actually dyno'd any of their products or if it's just fluff that we're spending 500-750$ on?

does smart madness have any before and after dyno's for any of the 453 products?

i honestly would love to chip my newest manual 453 but as i said the last time i didnt feel the $750 really did anything,

WOULD SMART MADNESS BE WILLING TO DYNO THEIR PRODUCTS?
OR I COULD ARRANGE A BEFORE AND AFTER IF THEY CAN ACTUALLY MAKE SOME PROMISES ON THE GAINS.

smart fortwo 453 - Engine Control Module - MAXPower by MADNESS Online Store - smart car Parts and Accessories
Hello….

We will do our best to give you some pretty direct answers in the hopes that it will address the issues you raise.

1. The ECM Module we offer has a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. We have been offering it for the 453 since the launch and use them on our own (2) 453 cars we own and use for testing. The modules work well and the overall feedback has been very positive.
2. We try to stay away from posting dyno charts since the majority of the time it simply turns in to mine is higher than yours debate. We simply look at average gains and post as averages since many factors can change what dyno gains are. Rarely are they similar to rear on the road performance.
3. We also offer throttle management options that control throttle response and make the car more response. We also offer that item with a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.

The bottom line is this. We are owners, enthusiasts ourselves and have been here since smart launched. We would not be here still if we were selling items to the community that do not work. We do not ever want anyone to think they would be “stuck” with something they purchase from us.

Call us, visit us or email us and we will be glad to help.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello….

We will do our best to give you some pretty direct answers in the hopes that it will address the issues you raise.

1. The ECM Module we offer has a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. We have been offering it for the 453 since the launch and use them on our own (2) 453 cars we own and use for testing. The modules work well and the overall feedback has been very positive.
2. We try to stay away from posting dyno charts since the majority of the time it simply turns in to mine is higher than yours debate. We simply look at average gains and post as averages since many factors can change what dyno gains are. Rarely are they similar to rear on the road performance.
3. We also offer throttle management options that control throttle response and make the car more response. We also offer that item with a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.

The bottom line is this. We are owners, enthusiasts ourselves and have been here since smart launched. We would not be here still if we were selling items to the community that do not work. We do not ever want anyone to think they would be “stuck” with something they purchase from us.

Call us, visit us or email us and we will be glad to help.
i actually bought the first unit you guys sold (was like $750-800) now the diff one is 500/600

i feel like once i buy there will be a $400 one that still doesnt feel like it does anything.lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
i actually bought the first unit you guys sold (was like $750-800) now the diff one is 500/600

i feel like once i buy there will be a $400 one that still doesnt feel like it does anything.lol

i got a unit from E.u. better then smart madness.
i nearly got banned for posting about it, thread deleted. pm me.
I'm leaving to Germany in a few weeks for work. I'll be gone for 3 weeks, i wouldn't mind sending it to you in the mean time - try it out and send it back as longest you put a deposit. and you pay shipping both ways. I have data backing up the chip made a difference.

p.s. are you the same rijowysock from rennlist ?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i got a unit from E.u. better then smart madness.
i nearly got banned for posting about it, thread deleted. pm me.
I'm leaving to Germany in a few weeks for work. I'll be gone for 3 weeks, i wouldn't mind sending it to you in the mean time - try it out and send it back as longest you put a deposit. and you pay shipping both ways. I have data backing up the chip made a difference.

p.s. are you the same rijowysock from rennlist ?
the one and only rijowysock.. ;)

[email protected]

how does it connect, plugs or splice wires? thats the one good thing about the SmartMadness one is it has the exact same plugs. and you only tap 1 wire and get ground.

where r u shipping from i can kjust email u a label.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i often see some products being announced but there is never a single video showing the actual product is effective .. just like that gearbox reflash module that came out a while ago .. i have yet to see a video that shows it works for real.. but the 453 can be remapped and with full bolt ons you can hit around 130-135hp

1 - 18 of 18 Posts