1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Maybe it's the camouflage making an optical illusion, but in the video the 453 looks to me significantly larger than the 451.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Showing the 453 right next to the 451 will give you a better sense about what to expect.

With our German translators read the text and listen to the video for any good tidbits, please?
Couldn't spot anything new that isn't already known. Author is saying that he wasn't allowed to show the inside of the vehicle since it's pre-production.

In the write-up the following paragraph is a little odd:

Der neue smart fortwo ist etwas breiter geworden, das merkt man im Innenraum und ich könnte mir durchaus “vorstellen”, dass es im neuen smart fortwo zahlreiche Assistenzsysteme geben wird, die das automobile Leben schöner und einfacher machen. Ich könnte mir gut “vorstellen”, dass es z.B. eine Frontkamera gibt, dazu noch ein Radarsystem. Wie wäre es also mit einem Spurhalte-Assistent, einem adaptiven Tempomat, einer Schildererkennung, einer Licht- und Scheibenwischer-Automatik und einem Notbrems-Assistenten? Das könnte ich mir im neuen smart alles sehr gut “vorstellen”. Damit wird der Basispreis zwar schnell wachsen, aber das steht auf einem anderen Blatt Papier.
Notice the word "vorstellen" in quotes every time it's used? It is consistently used in the construct "ich könnte mir vorstellen" which translates to something like "I could envision...".

So, he makes it sound like the features he lists would be really good in the new Smart, as if he had thought them up himself. In other words, this guy signed a non-disclosure agreement and is trying to tell the audience in a roundabout way what he saw on the test vehicle, namely, he "could envision that the new Smart can be equipped with":

• a front camera,
  • a radar system,
  • lane departure warning system,
  • adaptive cruise control,
  • street-sign recognition,
  • auto light and windshield wipers with rain sensor,
  • Emergency Brake Assist.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,184 Posts
I hope it doesn't begin to resemble the IQ. When I see one of those (which isn't often), the stature of a frog comes to mind. Short, wide and squatty. IMHO.:shrug:

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Looks like smart makes a IQ now. The new vehicle, looks very much out of proportion. Too bad we don't get the four door. If I remember right, the IQ, had a tighter turn radius, then the 451 smart. Not really going to make any judgement, till I see the new model in person.

smart like Mini. Ever new version. It gets bigger and bigger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts