Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While not a lot of new 453 ED details, appears that we have yet another "teaser" . . .

The company says that "around 25 percent" of all the Fortwos sold in the US in recent times were ED models.

The charging time is an important factor for electric vehicle customers and the new smart electric drive also boasts major improvements here.

The smart is equipped with a battery from the Daimler subsidiary Deutsche ACCUMOTIVE. The company based in Kamenz, Saxony, has been building the electric heart of the smart electric drive since 2012. Entering the new field of business with stationary battery storage also opens up interesting synergies for smart electric drive vehicles. For example, the innovative replacement part and second use storage concept offers great potential for sustainable mobility (see section on "stationary energy storage").

Interesting factoid - As car2go vehicles alone, the smart ed has covered more than 35 million km in demanding everyday usage since the launch.

Smart electrifying entire line-up, including all-new Forfour Electric - Autoblog

·
Registered
832 Posts
Interesting that Deutsche Accumotive is still going to assemble the batteries, even if they're not using Li-Tec cells anymore.

I wonder how much the improvement in charging time will be. It was 45min with the fast-charger equipped 451 ED3 in Europe.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The U.S. MY17 ED 453 timetable according to guideautoweb.com

Since smartUSA isn't talking, "Paris stuff" from yet another (not so) well known auto source . . .

"The smart fortwo electric drive will arrive in North America next spring, and the droptop will be here during the following summer."

2017 smart fortwo electric drive: Return of the Electric City Car - 2017 smart Fortwo

"Neat tech to boost the range includes a radar-based energy recuperation system, which monitors traffic and adjusts the level of regeneration braking accordingly."

New Smart ForTwo and ForFour Electric Drive EVs whizz into Paris 2016 | Auto Express

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts