Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the width of the inside of the trunk with no subwoofer? Depth would be nice too. Shopping duffle bags for the new car.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Does anyone know the width of the inside of the trunk with no subwoofer? Depth would be nice too. Shopping duffle bags for the new car.
A great question, and usually I have my tape measure here at work with me to take measurements of the smart car dimensions. I believe it grew legs as I have a reputation here for having all kinds of tools for cars, now I can't find it.

Looking at your profile, it looks like you have the new 453 smart car handy. But I can't help but wonder if anybody explained that your subwoofer is removable? You can probably get an answer to your question faster than somebody here will by grabbing some tape measure (assuming you have one) and spending a minute or two in your trunk.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A great question, and usually I have my tape measure here at work with me to take measurements of the smart car dimensions. I believe it grew legs as I have a reputation here for having all kinds of tools for cars, now I can't find it.

Looking at your profile, it looks like you have the new 453 smart car handy. But I can't help but wonder if anybody explained that your subwoofer is removable? You can probably get an answer to your question faster than somebody here will by grabbing some tape measure (assuming you have one) and spending a minute or two in your trunk.
We "had" a new 453... for 48 hours... Had someone pull out infront of my wife on her commute home the first night she had it and it's totaled... still waiting for the insurance to sort thru it a month later. 2 freak accidents in 6 weeks after 10 years of her commuting to work.

That said, at the time I was thinking we might get the replacement 453 on our vacation after Thanksgiving so I wanted to be sure our luggage would fit after turning in the rental car but we ended up locking up a new 453 yesterday in Tampa... it's on the boat over from Germany now and will be here in a week to 10 days.

BTW... the answer is 39 inches. :)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
The cargo area is supposed to be just a tad larger than the 451 but the opening is slightly more restricted. I believe the rear section of the tridion cell has been better reinforced to handle rear end collisions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts