Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody happen to have any info on lug bolt specs for the 453? Or know if the bolts are identical? I keep thinking about getting lug covers to help the lugs blend in more with the wheels, but then think it might even just look better to get black bolts instead of covers.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Anybody happen to have any info on lug bolt specs for the 453? Or know if the bolts are identical? I keep thinking about getting lug covers to help the lugs blend in more with the wheels, but then think it might even just look better to get black bolts instead of covers.

17mm. I've got a set; they improve the sport wheel.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well... just thought it'd be nice to have some actual BOLTS that were black, since i don't recall the bolts on my 451 looking too pretty after taking the covers off of them. But, then again, there's always that GOOD chance of any sort of black coating on the bolt scraping off anyway when the bolt is taken off... so it kinda makes sense to just get a cover.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
But, then again, there's always that GOOD chance of any sort of black coating on the bolt scraping off anyway when the bolt is taken off... so it kinda makes sense to just get a cover.

Exactly right.

The covers are rounded and protrude a little bit farther outward than the unfinished lugs, giving an improved profile and appearance. Paint would offer no benefit over covers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts