Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased these, Came with instructions that were basically meaningless

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/4PCS-FIT-FOR-2015-2016-ALL-NEW-BENZ-SMART-FORTWO-MUDFLAPS-MUD-FLAP-FLAPS-SPLASH-GUARD/32720302607.html?spm=a2g0x.10010108.1000017.1.1808b10172b2y1

Anyone guide me on what the best installation messages for mud guards? It came with a bag of clips, screws, and friction fasteners. I'm sure I could figure it out, however I'm not too keen on drilling holes that don't need to be drilled

·
Registered
166 Posts
I saw the manual in the package is in Chinese, if you need translation, snap a picture of it and I can help you out with it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I bought splash guards for my 451 off Ebay and they also came with just a bag of fasteners. I looked and though I can sort of figure out where everything goes, in many places it requires drilling into a very narrow lip, so it's possible that I might miss and actually drill through the edge.

Instead, what I'm hoping to do is to just buy a package of metal u-shaped spring clamps that have a retention tang on them. The plan would be to just push these on and not use any screws at all. Hopefully with the speed limited to 78 MPH, they'll stay on well enough this way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts