Smart Car of America Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
hard to gauge what the new pedestrian-friendly hood will look like without the more upright windshield. I hope the front end is more developed than that; this looks more like a mockup of a 2014, had they decided to make cosmetic changes than an all-new 2015.
grill and headlights look like a buick enclave. probably what buick's new opel adam-based minicar will look like.

·
17,379 Posts
I can't read it, but this photo from a Chinese website may be the closest rendition I've seen that would match up with the camouflaged prototypes. I'm still processing how I feel about the look if it is indeed correct.

smart Fortwo?

I can live with this rendering. Much less Toyota iQ and more of an evolution of the current design. :D :cool:

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
The front end is the thing that's bothering me a bit. It's like it's trying too hard to look bigger, more macho. The grille and headlights to a lesser degree come off as a little out of proportion IMO. Of course, I'll have to reserve judgment for the final product and an in person look see. Some vehicles just don't come across in photos as well as they do in person.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
The happy smile grille has been displaced upward into the nose region. The lower grille area gives it more of an angry aggressive personna, so it is losing some of its cute happy demeanor for some people. The larger upper grille makes it look more like a car than a smart character. At least that is my take on the design.

Here is the original 451 for reference:

·
17,379 Posts
Thankfully it's just a rendering.

Though, I hope the Hoover vacuum lower grille definitely doesn't make the cut...

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Thanks, dennyrex - now I'm a little bit over it, since I see Buick Enclave (and Hoover vacuum, Neon) when I look at it now. Ha ha - going back to just keeping my '09. :D

·
17,379 Posts
I'm also not so sure about the Tridion Cell taking place of the side skirts (great place for rust to develop), that nasty kink on the side, or the fact that it wraps around the back...much more metal to rust, dent, ding, and damage...

Buuut again, it's just another rendering, anyway... :)

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
:rolleyes: Well we've moved up from the back of a cocktail napkin to an Etch A Sketch gone digital.

Much A Do About Nothing . . . :yawn:

61 - 71 of 71 Posts