Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I have a 2017 453 that did not come with paddle shifters and I am trying to add them. I have purchased and installed a 453 paddle-shift steering wheel that I purchased from Germany. I have also used DDT4All and think I have activated the shifters to work. When I read the data from the module it tells me the shifters are activated but they still do not function.
If anyone out there has any suggestions or has accomplished this please let me know it would be very very appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

·
Super Moderator
29,203 Posts
My guess is it's going to take a Mercedes STAR machine to make the paddle shifters fully functional on a car that wasn't originally equipped with them. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I could find someone I could pay who has a STAR. Mercedes dealers not helpful!

·
Super Moderator
29,203 Posts
Unless they were also a previous smart dealer, they don't have access to the smart programming needed. It's possible a local shop that does a lot of Mercedes work could help you out. :)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
On the previous model 451 smarts, adding accessories like this did require they be activated by a Star machine. Not a lot of experience on the forum doing this with a 453.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all so far. as (jwight) stated someone said it was able to be accomplished with DDT4All but that has not worked for me yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts