Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have read (Evilution Site) the large Digital Speed display was a feature on later model 453's and could be used using the up-down selection buttons on the steering wheel. It added a 9th bar to the 8th already on the display. See picture from Evilution site. The site (I'm a subscriber) has instrutions for adding it to the older 453 models, using a C4 mux. and Vediamo software.

Have any of you done this, or had it added on afterwards?
Is it currently available on your Smart For2 ? What VIN?
Any suggestions for having it added short of investing in a clone MB-Star mux and software hdd? Will dealers do this post-facto?

Thanks, Bill
Bill

Font Gadget Display device Electronic device Multimedia

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks...I'll check with our dealership here is San Antonio. If they can't/won't, I may invest in a STAR. With two SMARTs and a few friends with them, I might get some use out of it. Would be interested in anyone who has bought one for recommendations. Seems like there are quite a few out there. I also looked at the recommendations on Evilution's site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is interesting as I have a hard time seeing my speed as mine on the 2016 passion has the digital speed and mileage combined on one bar and it makes it tiny....so hard for older eyes to keep up with.
Will not go to the MB around here but will check with the place I trust and see if they can do something.
Let me know if you are able to get it modified. Evlilution's site has step by step instructions using Vediamo software, however it requires a subscription to access the detailed steps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts