Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Mike700
93 Posts
Gas Milage

PS - after three mos of ownership still have not seen another 453 around Chicago. Given low fuel prices I assume sales of all small cars has slowed to a crawl. Local media is reporting record sales of large Crossovers & SUVs.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Just filled my tank for the second time today since i purchased it on the 19th. Going by how much i put in it last fill up compared to how much i've driven to get to the same tenths of a gallon showing up on the gauge after the Low Fuel warning, i averaged about 42 MPG.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My MPGs are all over the map, ranging from 33/34 when I push it, to 42/43 when cruising at 70 with A/C.

It's fairly easy to get higher MPGs than those, however (as I reported elsewhere), but higher MPGs are rarely worth the trouble since the 453 is so entertaining to drive.

Overall, 35-39 MPG for frisky mode, with some brief moments of sanity.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Measured at the pump or on the (optimistic, usually) OBC?
Yeah. Don't rely on the fuel economy indication on the panel. An accurate fuel economy calculation involves distance driven between the fillings divided by actual amount of gasoline pumped when refilling. Everywhere outside the USA except Japan, you than have to divide 100 by the above. (Since nobody knows what "km/litre" could possibly mean:))

21 - 26 of 26 Posts