Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's not necessarily "No good reason". It could have been development costs, reliability, manufacturing costs, development goals, etc.... Remember, it's a city car - most city streets are already lit. If Samsung had the goal of maximizing battery life on the S5, 3G (or even 2G) would make more sense than using LTE. It's a matter of goals.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,675 Posts
Specs for the 90 hp EU version
Warranty in years - 2

Hmm, are we once again lacking faith in our new 453 model?

·
17,384 Posts
It's not necessarily "No good reason". It could have been development costs, reliability, manufacturing costs, development goals, etc.... Remember, it's a city car - most city streets are already lit. If Samsung had the goal of maximizing battery life on the S5, 3G (or even 2G) would make more sense than using LTE. It's a matter of goals.
Perhaps, but I mean projector headlamp tech is dirt cheap now. But you do have a point.

I reckon Renault handled lighting, which would make sense as none of their entry level vehicles have projectors. :)

And the S5 has a power saving mode that throttles the processor clock rate among other things. :wink:

Just my .02, but do we really care? If the lights work well (none of us have even driven a 453 yet...) why agonize over "technology?" I don't really care how or why a microwave oven works as long as it can bake a potato or heat a cup of coffee. :)
I don't care (I still love the car), but that doesn't mean I can't be confused. :) 0:)

Specs for the 90 hp EU version
Warranty in years - 2

Hmm, are we once again lacking faith in our new 453 model?
From the looks of it, the 4 year/50k standard warranty is just a North American thing. The EU still operates under "want a better warranty? Buy one".

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
The new seats look very nice, IMO. All looks significantly upgraded – better shape, nicer fabrics and adjustment controls, new seat-heater switch location, and a more hidden floor rail.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts