Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went to the Clearwater, FL Smart Center to find out about the 453 ED's "orderarbility". The Sales Rep (Tom) I talked to claimed 453 ED's are ready to order, in fact, they had a customer who would come in on Monday to order one. It would take about 30 days for the smart to be delivered.

Is that true? I thought 453 ED's aren't "orderable/deliverable" until spring next year.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,762 Posts
My Magic-8 Ball says "Outlook not so good."

Haven't seen the EPA MY17 ED numbers released yet?

Probably will require a non-refundable deposit and certainly a wait of longer than "about" 30 days?

Sometimes best, to follow (in your mind) some promises heard on a car lot with - "trust me."

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yesterday I went to the Clearwater, FL Smart Center to find out about the 453 ED's "orderarbility". The Sales Rep (Tom) I talked to claimed 453 ED's are ready to order, in fact, they had a customer who would come in on Monday to order one. It would take about 30 days for the smart to be delivered.

Is that true? I thought 453 ED's aren't "orderable/deliverable" until spring next year.
You can configure and place an order, but it will be much more than 30 days until it will be delivered. Spring is much more plausible. I already have a waiting list for 453 EV's longer than the # of cars that the factory has allowed me to order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts