Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
682 Posts
Thanks for the photos...

Wish the exterior was more aggressive...in these photos...seems rather "Vanilla" in appearance...

Although the alloy wheels are a nice design...they don't fill up the wheel-wells sufficiently...

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
The interior overall is exciting but the steering wheel has a huge grey airbag donut that just looks out of place. The current 451 steering wheel looks much better. I know they had to do something to incorporate the radio and cruise control into the wheel but it looks like the air bag was just thrown on the wheel as an after thought. Like a big zit on a beautiful face.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
... the steering wheel has a huge grey airbag donut that just looks out of place... Like a big zit on a beautiful face.

Wow, my reaction was just the opposite.

I thought the airbag housing was exceptionally small and visually attractive. I like its contrast with the steering wheel spokes, and I think the overall effect is sporty. The steering wheel is a major upgrade over the 451's cheapish plasticky wheel.

Different strokes!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Too much focus on the inside and not enough pizazz on the outside. It needs PROJECTOR HID headlights, Brabus Wheels as well as racy front and rear air dams. It certainly needs something to counteract that Toyota Butt on the back.
Right there with you Dr. Killer Bee on the HORN blob. Racy is sexy, safety is not if you have to notice it first.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Wonder why smart choose to make the AC/Heater controls so small. So low on the dash too.
Too bad they couldn't been integrated into the touch screen display. The dark blue color is nice.

It might be Taylor made. But the Taylor made Brabus of the 451 model, had the aggressive, exterior to match. You knew the difference, between Passion, and Brabus, at first glance.

I guess if you want the new 453 to look, sporty, there's smart madness, in your future.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
It might be Taylor made. But the Taylor made Brabus of the 451 model, had the aggressive, exterior to match. You knew the difference, between Passion, and Brabus, at first glance.
Brabus is a specific limited edition model of smart (the company) complete with a "standard" upgrade package.

While "Tailor Made" is a Brabus (the company) creation and will carry certain Brabus attributes, it is not necessarily a "smart Brabus" upgrade. Rather it is a FULLY customized smart with MANY upgrade choices that is Tailor Made to your choosing . . .

Brabus - Tuning for Smart

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
It's nice and all that, but will it come the self-ejecting "B" emblem on the fuel lid??? :rolleyes:
(ask any current smart Brabus owner about that)
"B"Elvis has left the building.
I almost missed mine. I couldn't figure out what that flapping noise was. I found it, hanging by the bottom of the B, almost gone, of course almost home from a 4 hour trip to the dealer.
ALWAYS on the trip home, never on the way there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i like my 2009 brabus styling much better. this new design is not that pleasing to me. even the wheels do not appeal to me. i would never purchase this brabus.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts