Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks, we'll do just that. I'll order the part today.
If you look at his pictures the usb insides show. I traced that piece onto a black coffee can lid and cut it out. Then I placed that black cutout over the usb components and then screwed the new mount head onto the main bracket which attaches the lid piece and covers the usb components so dust doesn't get in there. It also makes it look better. People that see mine think it is factory. (And I think the torque driver I needed was a 2, Advanced Auto Supply let me borrow it so I did t have to buy one.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I can't figure out how to upload photos but I followed the pictures and modified the mount as described here. A T-10 screwdriver was way to big though. I had to find a T-6 then when putting the Scosche head on the mount I had to get longer screws to go through the thicker mount but it turned out great and works perfect. I don't know why Smart doesn't just make the mount like this in the first place. Also in the OP'S pictures you can see the electronics or motherboard for the USB and that bothered me. I thought it was to exposed so traced the shape of the mount and made a template. Then I cut a peice out of a black plastic coffee can lid to fit over that part. Once you screw the magnetic head onto the oem bracket it holds that tight and looks almost factory. I am so happy with it and pleased with myself. If anyone can tell me how to post a pic, I will. I tried several times and it said I exceeded my limit. (?)
What screws did you use? I got stuck at the stage of mounting the magnet. I don't know what to do from there. Could you let me know what screws you used?
Thanks so much

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's my hack to get my iPhone 6+ to fit in the Smart car phone cradle.
1. Unscrewed the left and right fingers of the cradle
2. Switched them (i.e. left goes to right and vice versa)
3. Screwed them in with the top hole matching the bottom hole. This extends the fingers out enough to put the larger phone in the cradle.

Minimal time and assembly.

Let me know if anyone else has another way.

Thanks.
Henry Mateo
CA Smart owner since 2009

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!

I’ve just received this :
Smart Car Smart Phone Bracket Holder Universal For 14'-up Smart Fortwo 453 C453 made by Car-Lab

It fits perfectly in my car Smart Fortwo with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 which is a very tall phone.

I am very very very satisfied!

Have a nice day!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my setup. I used the SPIGEN KUEL car phone mount. Just screwed it in but had to use longer screws. I prefered this magnetic one because it is larger and covers the oem part completely.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know if this has been covered but figured I post it... On ebay you can buy the smart 453 in dash holder for cheap. Its called smart fortwo four...It is $26 bucks to your door. Will take about 2 weeks.And it works awesome. Holds big phones.
I personally didn't want to pay $130 for the same holder from Mercedes.
I am attaching pics in case someone doesn't know.. If your wondering the quality is great band it comes in different colors

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts