Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Yes, the iPhone 6 and 6s will fit nicely - mine is a 6s. There is still adjustment left for a slightly larger phone. "Phablets" are not my thing so no problem in the future for me and when I do upgrade my phone it won't be to anything larger. It's all a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry Steven I was not specific. I would sell the cradle as the one I have will Not hold a larger phone. I was trying to respond to Oliver B's Post above but screwed up....
I would be interested. PM me.
I'm going to try to get the mount part of my deal as my sales guy was 1 month off on delivery of new car + he promised waiving last month payment on current lease however - i already made it.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Haven't yet checked accuracy of speedometer. Will do soon with GPS. My Jeep Grand Cherokee, RX8 and 300E are spot-on. My 451 was optimistic as described here in the past.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Loss of shift paddles on my 2016 Passion: With about 150 miles on my new smart and driving under a full range of conditions I've yet to feel the need to have the paddles. Haven't even felt the need to use the "S" position on the tranny. I did try it during my test drive and the difference is noticeable. For my driving conditions the paddles were indispensable in the 451. Of course you can still hold a gear or shift manually with the console shift lever. The Owner's Manual does recommend against manually downshifting to reduce speed during the 1K mile breakin period or going above 2/3 of the RPM range - 4K RPM.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Another question: Can we remove one or both glasses holders and replace with grab handles - assuming we can source the handles from another country?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Standard 453 headlights use H4 bulbs. I have installed SilverStar and SilverStar Ultra in every vehicle I have owned for many years - even in motor scooters and motor cycles. Always use the German versions and have never had a bulb burn out. Ordered a pair for my 453 a couple days ago. Have found best prices on eBay - $26 a pair shipped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would be interested. PM me.
I'm going to try to get the mount part of my deal as my sales guy was 1 month off on delivery of new car + he promised waiving last month payment on current lease however - i already made it.

Hi, I decided to keep it and modified it to fit a gps unit from garmin. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Where is the Antenna Located?

(GLC and any 16+ models are in the rear Spoiler piece)
and GLK antenna is in the mirrors
I find reception of the standard radio with "hidden" antenna to be poorer than that of my 451 with the stubby antenna. I live in an area where stations are spread out and with numerous hills and mountains. The standard radio in my 451 was "hot" compared to my other cars.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts