Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven’t seen anyone else post about this, so I figured I would. I’ve found the fuse that disables traction control, however it comes with a cost. It’ll also disable your speed sensors, your power steering, and your fuel float. That’s everything I noticed with a 30 second drive, I’ll post more when I do further testing with it. The fuse to pull is in the front compartment, it’s the small 25 amp.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Hmm.... i may have to look into that next winter if we here in PA happen to get a reasonable snow storm next winter. This one absolutely sucked on that front.

Seems like a really mixed bag of things to be locked behind one fuse, though. I mean.... could you imagine troubleshooting if THAT fuse blew?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tried that recently... also puts the car into a limp mode that doesn't allow it to go over a certain RPM/speed (can't remember what that limit was). So far I have tried everything short of unplugging a wheel speed sensor to disable TCS to no avail. I will be trying that shortly. I'll report back on if it works and any side effects for anyone interested.

Interestingly there is no dedicated ABS fuse anywhere in the car. Seems the ABS in solely controlled by that 25A ESP fuse (and system) you pulled under the hood. The ESP fuse in the glove box disables stability control only.

ElementalDragon, it is crazy how many of these electrical systems are stacked together in these cars. Also makes it a nightmare to reverse-engineer anything they don't let us bypass, especially with the limited information we can find about these cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts