Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Where I live it gets very icy. I started looking for aggressive winter tires even before we took delivery of our 2016 Prime. I wanted some that were excellent on snow and studdable. A tall order in Smart Car sizes! But, after a lot of looking, I found some that more than met my criteria: NOKIAN HAKKAPELIITTA 8 - STUDDED. They come with the studs already molded into the tire and are available in 165/60R15 81 T XL and 185/55R15 86 T XL. I got them from TIRES BY WEB.com. They arrived in less than a week with free FEDEX shipping. The 165's were $109.00 ea. and the 185's were $123.00 ea.

Hope this post is of use to someone.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Thank you. Great to be here. Bought our Smart because it was the only car that would fit the basement parking space that was available to us. Turns out to be a great car and a real hoot to drive. We love it!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Where I live it gets very icy. I started looking for aggressive winter tires even before we took delivery of our 2016 Prime. I wanted some that were excellent on snow and studdable. A tall order in Smart Car sizes! But, after a lot of looking, I found some that more than met my criteria: NOKIAN HAKKAPELIITTA 8 - STUDDED. They come with the studs already molded into the tire and are available in 165/60R15 81 T XL and 185/55R15 86 T XL. I got them from TIRES BY WEB.com. They arrived in less than a week with free FEDEX shipping. The 165's were $109.00 ea. and the 185's were $123.00 ea.

Hope this post is of use to someone.
i'm running 165/60R15 studded hakkapeliitta 8's on four corners. i absolutely love these tires that thing goe like a tank on snow and ice! i had hakka 7's previously but they were much more noisy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody had any luck locating winter tires that meet the factory specs? I'd prefer not to retrofit the fronts to avoid handling, traction control, etc. issues. My preference is to buy locally but I'd settle for ordering them if necessary. Anybody have any leads?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Has anybody had any luck locating winter tires that meet the factory specs? I'd prefer not to retrofit the fronts to avoid handling, traction control, etc. issues. My preference is to buy locally but I'd settle for ordering them if necessary. Anybody have any leads?
You wont have any issues running a square setup.. even the stock ones have the same height front to rear..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts