Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It might be nice if we alabama owners did something at our only dealership in the state for the 5yr anniversary of the brand in the States.

It would be nice to drum up some exposure for the brand in Alabama and maybe an opportunity to educate the populace about the products. I'm sure the dealership wouldn't mind.

Anyone interested?

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I'm guessing home is in B'ham then? I'm game, it's a 3-3.5 hour drive for me. I bought one of my smarts there.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, B'ham is the only Smart dealer in the state. I'll contact the dealer this week to see if they want to arrange something or even participate.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,701 Posts
It might be nice if we alabama owners did something at our only dealership in the state for the 5yr anniversary of the brand in the States.

It would be nice to drum up some exposure for the brand in Alabama and maybe an opportunity to educate the populace about the products. I'm sure the dealership wouldn't mind.

Anyone interested?
super matty p, really nice thought on your part to try to bring some attention to the brand and your 'Bama smart Center. :bigthumbup:

Sad that DVI didn't encourage the various smart Centers to have a 2013 model introduction event for current owners and those who may have recently taken a test drive?
:spots:
Let's see - hot dogs, buns and soft drinks. Nope, no budget for that and we might have to move that used Porsche from the smart showroom?

Oh, and we might alienate our "champagne and caviar" MB customers with all the smart riff-raff . . .

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
"Sad that DVI didn't encourage the various smart Centers to have a 2013 model introduction event for current owners and those who may have recently taken a test drive?

Let's see - hot dogs, buns and soft drinks."

UM, Gee, my dealership got a MANDATE from DVI ("you WILL do this") that we had to have some kind of event for the 2013 roll out.
So we had a cook out in Great Falls National Park, w/ hog dogs, buns, burgers and sodas. Had 80+ people there, current owners, test drivers, and some folks that just showed up? Really great time.

If your dealership didn't have something, ask them why not?

·
Super Moderator
28,775 Posts
The Cincy smart enter did one also. Based on some info posted on smartusainsider.com there may be some 5 year celebrations of some sort, but smart USA may not label them as 5 year events. :confused:

They seem to be having trouble with smart's USA history prior to July 2011.... :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,701 Posts
UM, Gee, my dealership got a MANDATE from DVI ("you WILL do this") that we had to have some kind of event for the 2013 roll out.
While we continue to grind through that PAG to DVI transition it is good to hear that a few "progressive" smart Centers are still supporting The Brand.*

Our local smart Center must have failed to notice the DVI MANDATE in their Junk E-mail folder?

As for asking our dealer why they didn't participate, really hard to find anyone there who can even spell s-m-a-r-t . . . :rolleyes:

*JW said - They seem to be having trouble with smart's USA history prior to July 2011.... :eek:

Right, wrong or indifferent - PAG left a legacy but DVI ? ? ?

·
Premium Member
7,701 Posts
I think we'll appoint you head cheerleader for the 5th year celebrations! :p
Let's see July 2011 plus 5 years, carry the one . . . :rolleyes:

Thanks for that vote of confidence :rolleyes: - I'll take that job at the average rate of pay for a DVI executive and we will have some "smart" celebrations! :cheers::spots::party:

Got plenty of time before that July 2016 celebration! But then again, not sure we will have any new pronouncements by DVI?

Side note - appears that JW is stirring up trouble over on sUSAi "Give Us A Shout" (66 pages later :yawn: :popcorn: and he has awakened Kamaal) . . .

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Guys ......Don't talk so loudly you may wake up the Mothership.:D

I've heard no news from any dealers in my area (NY, NJ) on anything lately.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
No news, oh yeah, no dealers in the Mid-South either. Just an extension of the mother ship with only lofty deals and ideals, not to be contaminated by anything smart.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts