Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
Paladin it just doesn't seem right going to get a christmas tree with the top down. Christmas weather is supposed to be cold and blustery and miserable, and you can haul your christmas tree with the convertible top down? It just doesn't seem fair. I've always wanted to live in Florida, Arizona,Texas or southern California where I can stay warm all year round. These old weary bones and hip replacements doesn't like cold weather. We have friends that lived in Florida for 8 years and just moved back to W.Va. They said they missed the change of seasons. I said "Are you nuts"? I like living everyday barefoot and taking out the trash on 24 degree weather ain't no fun barefoot...... Hope you have a happy christmas !.DCO

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
We have friends that lived in Florida for 8 years and just moved back to W.Va. They said they missed the change of seasons. I said "Are you nuts"?
When I see a car here with tags from Colorado, Washington State, or Oregon I wonder what horrible crisis has forced those poor souls to end up in hell, where there are only a few months out of the year cool enough to enjoy being outdoors, and to put the top back if your roof works. And Santa wears cut-off blue jeans. heh

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
I only wonder how many phone photos were taken by people passing by on the way home?

W drove our '66 right hand drive Mini to a wedding with my wife in the passenger seat with a very large wrapped present in her lap. People would pull up seeing her in the normal driving seat with a package instead of a steering wheel (the package blocked their view of me) and gasp...of course they then whipped out their phone and took pics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paladin it just doesn't seem right going to get a christmas tree with the top down. Christmas weather is supposed to be cold and blustery and miserable, and you can haul your christmas tree with the convertible top down? It just doesn't seem fair....
Santa visits everyone, not just you guys in the icy north. Yes, you see Santa in his red coat and white fur -- but really do you think Santa will be sweltering with over pants and coat and mittens in the south? NO!!!

This is how Santa looks in LaLaLand:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
When I see a car here with tags from Colorado, Washington State, or Oregon I wonder what horrible crisis has forced those poor souls to end up in hell, where there are only a few months out of the year cool enough to enjoy being outdoors, and to put the top back if your roof works. And Santa wears cut-off blue jeans. heh
I forget exactly what year we went to Florida. I remember it was so hot. Towards the last few days I figured out you had to wake up before the crack of dawn for some cool weather!

If you thought that was bad, though, DC in the summer was an oven/lower level of hell!!!!

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
Now that's my kind of Santa Claus and he's dressed like I like to be dressed. Having a "tropical" type of christmas would take some getting used to. When I haul a christmas tree it would look like this:

That's cold weather, snow, blustery winds that push you all over the road, and uphill driving (both ways). Not to mention the tree went on top of the car instead of the front seat....... LOL DCO

·
17,476 Posts
Paladin it just doesn't seem right going to get a christmas tree with the top down. Christmas weather is supposed to be cold and blustery and miserable, and you can haul your christmas tree with the convertible top down? It just doesn't seem fair.
Snow S2000 and Snow MX-5 accept your challenge! Midwesterners don't let a little powdery stuff stop convertible fun!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts