Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, This car was purchased to part out but as I got to know it it deserves to be fixed up. It for sure has issues but there is too much good there to take it apart. It's also a convertible which makes it even more deserving of the TLC. Of the things I know it needs this:
Tires all around.
One rear wheel has a curb rash.
Has a whine on start up that sounds like a fuel pump but this is not confirmed.
The driver side window needs reset in the track.
The inside driver side door latch needs so TLC or repair.
Needs a headlight.
Some other miscellaneous
Having built one of these and made many repairs on the four that I own I know I could fix this up to be a beauty. It has a good motor and transmission. 49 KM (about 30K miles). I would fix it up but I just don't need another Smart car. If no one wants a nice project I will likely part it out anyway. I also know a source for the parts. All this is to say is anyone interested at $2500? Let me know. Thanks Dan T.

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
It'd be a shame to part out a running & driving smart. :(

For those who don't recognize it as such, this is a 450 model. You might want to add the year and engine to your listing.

~toaster

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a 450 style with the 699 motor and the classic auto/manual transmission. It can be driven in full automatic or shift automatic. I know these transmissions are unique and I get a kick out of them. This is the original compact Smart. Going to put it up up on Ebay next week if no one is interested. If anyone is interested in parts I will start to tear it apart soon. T

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a 450 style with the 699 motor and the classic auto/manual transmission. It can be driven in full automatic or shift automatic. I know these transmissions are unique and I get a kick out of them. This is the original compact Smart. Going to put it up up on Ebay next week if no one is interested. If anyone is interested in parts I will start to tear it apart soon. T
Looking for the positive and neg battery cables and possibley more, Could you let me know

Take care
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts