Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Should have came up with a new rim instead of reusing a rim that was already used for 3 years.

I know, less money but still...

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think the 9 spokes are hideous. I wonder, how do they plan to sell any cars in 2014, if people know that another model will replace it in a year, killing its resale value.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
:yawn: Everything old is new again especially when you are driving a six year old design into the sunset . . . :burnout:

Could have called the recycled 9 spoke wheels "retro" and charged more money for them . . . :wink:

·
17,372 Posts
I do have to say that they do look odd on the refreshed model. My brain is trained to think that 9-spokes = 2007-2010 passions and current Iceshine models.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
. . . if people know that another model will replace it in a year, killing its resale value.
Derekns74, "resale value" on smart or any other vehicle is hardly worth the worry. :confused:

Regardless of brand, DEPRECIATION HAPPENS! Question is, what are you going to do about it? :bangwall:

Dr. sez, the pain will subside once you cease beating your head against the wall . . .

·
17,372 Posts
Derekns74, "resale value" on smart or any other vehicle is hardly worth the worry. :confused:

Regardless of brand, DEPRECIATION HAPPENS! Question is, what are you going to do about it? :bangwall:

Dr. sez, the pain will subside once you cease beating your head against the wall . . .

Exactly! A good lesson I learned years ago from here (I think from kennyray to be exact):

Most cars are not investments, most cars are expenses!

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
"Face Huggers" we call them at CsC, you know, the creatures that attach to peoples' faces in Alien.

Oh… and there are no "excess parts" at smartville - everything comes just in sequence, just in time.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I really don't think, the average consumer walking into a smart dealership would even know the difference, in wheels. The cheap plastic pie pans, on the pure, haven't changed any.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I really don't think, the average consumer walking into a smart dealership would even know the difference, in wheels. The cheap plastic pie pans, on the pure, haven't changed any.
At $14,330 for a Pure, you can still remove the hubcaps and end up with a painted steel wheel with a smart center cap.

Better than an all-black steel rim from the generic parts bin at least...

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
At $14,330 for a Pure, you can still remove the hubcaps and end up with a painted steel wheel with a smart center cap.

Better than an all-black steel rim from the generic parts bin at least...
I seen people here, put on aftermarket plastic wheel covers from Wally World, on there Pures. It actual looks really good. The bare wheel cover, and center cap look so cheap. Not my taste. Does nothing for a smart car.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts