Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Smart for about six months, but haven't used the auto setting on the a/c yet. I've been using it this week and it seems like the a/c gets colder on the auto setting then manual. Anyone else think there is a difference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might get cooler faster, something seems different to me.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Shouldn't be. The car simply adds cold air to reach your temperature. It might be setting the temps more aggressively than you are.

I find it annoying that the fan comes on medium and then a few minutes later it goes to high if it's on automatic. I read that Europeans hate having aircon blast them in the face when they get in the car so this is probably why it's like that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Had my Smart for about six months, but haven't used the auto setting on the a/c yet. I've been using it this week and it seems like the a/c gets colder on the auto setting then manual. Anyone else think there is a difference?

I use auto all the time, when it does the not so cold air thing I hit recirculate. Seems to do the trick, I then raise the temp a click or two .

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
For those who may not know: The system will automatically go into the recirc mode after the outside temp reaches about 85+F - even in manual control mode. My 1990 Benz does the same and so did my 2013 smart.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the comments. Maybe it's cause when in manual mode I just leave the temp on the blue dot' when in auto mode I leave it around 68-70 degrees. Maybe that makes a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts